The precious life that was born on June 4, 2008 continues to grow in my heart even to this day and I imagine even more will grow with each passing day. I have enjoyed snuggling with her, holding her in each of my arms (despite the feeling they are about to fall off!), watching her sleep, watching her wake up, among many of the other things that she does just warms me.
The latest --- this morning I was feeding her to give Lacey much-needed rest and she was ready to "play" after that. We did various games and then at one point I was just holding her in my arms and our eyes met. She had in the past just looked at me briefly and moved on. However, this particular moment, her eyes seemed to lock with mine. I don't know how much time passed, but that was just an indescribable time -- one that will forever stay etched in my heart/mind. It was like Susannah was saying to me, "Are you my daddy?" How great the love I felt for her at that moment! It gave me greater understanding (and yet still incomplete) how great the love our Father has for us. I would do anything for Susannah, just as our Father in Heaven would do anything for us -- and He did in Christ Jesus.
I've included my favorite picture. When I first saw this picture, I was in love with it and even with all the other pictures since, this remains my favorite.
Happy Father's Day to all.....truly.
Happy Belated Father's Day Harry!! I love that picture. As one who is still waiting for eye contact, I know how special and priceless it really is. I am glad it is so meaningful for you also.
ReplyDeleteSarah
Awwww! :)
ReplyDeletesorry, that was me... ~Hilary
ReplyDeleteWow...coming from a daddy's girl myself, it is always a great delight to read the heart of a father. I am glad you had a great father's day. I pray for continued strength for you as you love and support your family.
ReplyDeleteSimone