Susannah's second day of life...with Mama and Grammy (Lacey's mom)
OK...so not that many days have gone by, but as a Mama I am feeling soooooo bittersweet about the fact that we have a THREE-WEEK-OLD!!!! I can hardly believe our Baby Strawberry is growing up so quickly! I love her more and more each day, and I get so excited to think about the coming smiles and giggles and coos...but it saddens me that we will only pass this way once with this baby girl.
I am praising God that I am able to savor every minute of this "time of tiny-ness" with our Susannah, because everyone has told me how quickly it will go. I often struggle to stay in the moment, but have found that walking through infertility, IVF (which must be taken day-by-day and no more than that), and pregnancy have taught me much: much about focusing on the present...much about capturing and engraving in my mind the little specks of precious details that make up the good things in life...much about thanking God for the inevitable lifelong coexistence of joys and challenges. Caring for and thoroughly loving an infant requires me to do all of these things and so much more!
As a tribute to Susannah's three week "birthday," I have decided to post a few more pictures from our time in the hospital June 4 through June 7.

Daddy and his new girl
Pop (Lacey's dad) and Susannah
Daddy, Pop holding Susannah, and Mama
Snuggling...
Grandparents for the second time in just over three months!
So proud of his daughter
Very sweet post..I can completely relate. Levi is growing soooo fast. I have a hard time putting him down for his naps during the day because I just want to stare at him and take in the moment. On another note..it's quite sickening how beautiful you are in these HOSPITAL PICTURES!! ;)
ReplyDelete