Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tidbits

July 1
After breakfast with my two girls while letting their mama get a little extra sleep, Susannah and I had a chat.  At first, she was excited to play with me and asked me out to the sunporch.  But when I got there, she just seemed to be a different person and didn't want to play with me anymore.  So I went upstairs to put Eliza down for her mid-morning nap.  Going back downstairs and checking in on her, she was happier and open to me playing with her.  Realized the first feelings of jealousy were entering and asked her if she didn't want to play with me because I was holding Eliza and got a nodding confirmation.  So we had a chat about these feelings of jealousy and how change is hard.  It's not hard for just her, but for all of us. I gave her some reassurance of our love for her.   Then we played some more that morning.  *sniff*  My little girl is growing.

July 19
We took a family friend, Molly, to see Winnie the Pooh at the new Zeus theater in Waynesboro.  Naturally, the movie was a hit with Susannah and Eliza slept through the whole thing (imagine that!).   You know she didn't follow the plot at all when Susannah's favorite part of the whole thing was Pooh's stomach growling constantly.  This made her laugh harder each time it happened.  So anyway, here's a family pic with the Pooh advertisement out front of the theater and a couple other pics, too.  The movie was great, but I got an absolute kick out of watching Susannah just enjoy herself.

July 20
Lemonade treats!  No pictures for this, but boy I enjoyed making freshly squeezed lemonade with Susannah.  Eliza was sleeping (again) so Mama was resting a bit also.  Susannah and I decided to make some lemonade.  Mixed sugar in with water and squeezed the heck out of some lemons and mixed the two together.  It was a sugary yummy drink (less sugar next time), but spending the time, laughing, and just being together gave me much delight!

1 comment:

  1. Re: Lemonade.
    Looks like you and SJ need a lesson on proportions! :-)
    <3

    ReplyDelete