Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Proudness All Around

June 29, 2011

We took Susannah's trike out to the Grace parking lot.  This is the kind of trike that has pedals and you had been trying for so long to use them, but it was too difficult.  You just reverted to pushing off the ground with your feet.  The trike also has a place where a pole can be put in the back and used to push the trike as you move.

Today, Susannah was feeling especially determined.  I could tell how much you wanted to make it go by yourself.  So after the initial push, I let go of the pole and sure enough, you were able to make it slowly go.  You didn't stop!  You pedaled all the way to the end of the parking lot and stopped when you ran into the sidewalk.  I can remember it clear as day - I saw your head turn towards me.  Your eyes were big and your face was all lit up.  "I did it by myself!" was your declaration.  You were beaming so strongly.  I began to cry a little because I was so 1) thrilled for you, 2) proud of you, 3) a  little sad because you are becoming a bigger girl each day.  If a simple bike ride does this to me, then I'm in trouble on your wedding day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment