This is what our darling little Susannah was doing at 12:01 a.m. last night. We tried to encourage her to sleep, but she had other plans. :)
Susannah is rising....
and still rising......
Watch the movie, too. :)
At one point in the movie, you see me talking to her. I said, "You are a bobblehead." I love how her head bounces around when she's holding it up (or trying to anyway)!
Oh yes. I still have those days with Rowan. He is so charming, especially when he chuckles that I don't mind (sometimes...) Lucky Feta, just snoring away, because his only job at night is to get up and change his diaper while I get ready to feed or comfort. However, he tends to Surina if she gets up at night :-) I'm sorry to tell you this- you will not get a good night sleep (maybe you get lucky once in a while) until they are...maybe 10.
Wonder where she gets the "social" thing from Lacey???????? LOL She has gotten so big! Love all the pics and the posts so funny to read. You need Babywise. :) It will help. :) Hopefully we will see you guys tommorrow.
OK...so is it pitiful that some sick part of me ENJOYED watching our cuter-than-cute baby doll hold her head up for such a long period of time???!!!! Even though it was after midnight, I couldn't help but savor the moment. I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time!
It was made even funnier by the fact that Harry had tried for about an hour to get her to sleep on his chest, and I was getting into my jammies when I heard him say, with literal clenched teeth, "Good night, Susannah. Go to sleep, Susannah." I looked over and these pictures show the exact view I got!!!!!
I LOVE MOTHERHOOD!!!!! Can't get much better'n this...
And yes, Jennifer...I take full credit for her social behaviors!!!!!!! :) Maybe she'll have an appetite for Doritos like her mama, too... We can only hope!
It's so fun to watch your little one grow. Oh how I remember those nights of walking around the house at 1 in the morning with a baby who just was not ready to sleep. I got a lot of random cleaning done during those nights wearing him in the carrier as we walked around and around. It's good that you can enjoy the situation - despite your lack of sleep. Maybe one day it will get better :)
Oh yes. I still have those days with Rowan. He is so charming, especially when he chuckles that I don't mind (sometimes...) Lucky Feta, just snoring away, because his only job at night is to get up and change his diaper while I get ready to feed or comfort. However, he tends to Surina if she gets up at night :-) I'm sorry to tell you this- you will not get a good night sleep (maybe you get lucky once in a while) until they are...maybe 10.
ReplyDeleteWonder where she gets the "social" thing from Lacey???????? LOL
ReplyDeleteShe has gotten so big! Love all the pics and the posts so funny to read. You need Babywise. :) It will help. :) Hopefully we will see you guys tommorrow.
OK...so is it pitiful that some sick part of me ENJOYED watching our cuter-than-cute baby doll hold her head up for such a long period of time???!!!! Even though it was after midnight, I couldn't help but savor the moment. I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time!
ReplyDeleteIt was made even funnier by the fact that Harry had tried for about an hour to get her to sleep on his chest, and I was getting into my jammies when I heard him say, with literal clenched teeth, "Good night, Susannah. Go to sleep, Susannah." I looked over and these pictures show the exact view I got!!!!!
I LOVE MOTHERHOOD!!!!! Can't get much better'n this...
And yes, Jennifer...I take full credit for her social behaviors!!!!!!! :) Maybe she'll have an appetite for Doritos like her mama, too... We can only hope!
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to watch your little one grow. Oh how I remember those nights of walking around the house at 1 in the morning with a baby who just was not ready to sleep. I got a lot of random cleaning done during those nights wearing him in the carrier as we walked around and around. It's good that you can enjoy the situation - despite your lack of sleep. Maybe one day it will get better :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all your thoughts and pics!
Amy
What a sweetheart. i really need to get over and see her! I love the bobblehead stage!!!! Definitely no social cues from you, Lacey!
ReplyDelete