Thursday, January 29, 2009

Backtracking a bit...

...but for GREAT reason!!! In late November, when our dear friends Kara and Jeff and their handsome little Coleman visited, Kara used her incredible gift for photography to do a few "photo shoots" of our Susannah.
Susannah was not quite six months old in these EXQUISITE pictures. I tried to pick my favorites...but realized quickly that there are a tremendous number of irresistable shots of our sweet one and our family. Oh, these are just the bare minimum of what I wanted to post!
Harry and I are sooooooo grateful to have these beautiful moments captured. Thank you, Kara, for your life-catching, breath-taking way with a camera! These (and the other 200 pictures on the CD you sent!) mean the world to us! Such a celebration of God's gift of Susannah Joy...


























The dress Susannah is wearing in these pictures was handmade by our talented and generous friend Janet. It looked so big when Janet gave it to us shortly after Susannah's birth...and now she has almost outgrown it! Thankfully, she has worn it many, MANY times, and I plan to get a shadowbox for it when she can no longer wear it. It matches her nursery perfectly and will therefore look beautiful adorning one of the walls! This dress holds a dear, dear place in my heart because of its exceptional beauty (the colors are Susannah all the way!) and all of the heartfelt labor that went into its many tedious stitches. Thank you, Janet, for blessing us with such a gorgeous gift!











































3 comments:

  1. miss that little rosey cheeked strawberry (and her mommy and daddy!)
    love you guys... you are such a BEAUTIFUL family... in ALL ways imaginable...

    thanks for your kind words...
    love you, kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful pictures....I absolutely love the last one. I hope your night got better on Thursday. Thinking of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS pictures! I very much enjoy seeing OUR little girl and her hubby so enraptured with their miracle angel, Susannah Joy! A double blessing, to be sure! Thanks to Kara for her gift of photography...



    Love you all, Grammy

    ReplyDelete