Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Visit From Granny!

I am a bit behind in blogging these days, as someone has not been napping very well lately. I won't use names, as I don't want to be too incriminating...

Two weekends ago, Granny (Harry's mom) visited us from Florida. She drove all the way to Staunton just to see her grandbaby (OK...she might've wanted to see Harry and me, too, but we're certainly not nearly as exciting as Susannah Joy is!). Granny has not seen Susannah since she was a week old in early June. Needless to say, many changes have happened in our sweet girl since then!

We had such a nice, low-key weekend. Mama was spurred toward good housekeeping in anticipation of Granny's visit :). Granny treated us to our favorite gourmet pizza for dinner one night, and El Puerto (our local Mexican place that is one of my favorites) the next. We all felt soooooo spoiled! She played with Susannah while I got a few projects done, including blogging, updating online picture albums, and switching Susannah's clothes for the change in seasons. I also got to sleep in, which was a tremendous blessing. Though the weekend was cool and rainy, we all made the best of it by cuddling our sweet dollbaby and savoring EVERY MOMENT of her sweet smiles, delightful coos, and ever-growing repetoire of play abilities. Oh, our four-month-old girl is a true DELIGHT!!!


Granny brought Susannah a bright orange monkey rattle. Perfect timing for this type of toy, as our little Strawberry is gripping things and shaking them.



Talking with my Granny. She was soooooo fun to play with!



Holding my new orange monkey rattle...and trying to get it into my mouth, where I put EVERYTHING these days!


Nothin' beats a warm bottle of pumped milk on a lazy, dreary Saturday morning while Mama sleeps...


"... Yes, Granny, and then Mama and Rylie-dog and I walked in the park and looked at the trees. They are one of my favorite things that God has made. Did you know that this is the longest Mama has ever let anyone hold and play with me? It's true! Mama and me...we're TIGHTER THAN TIGHT..."

"How much is that baby in the mirror? The one with the big poofy cheeks..."

(The answer? PRICELESS!!!!)


Time for some fun in my Exersaucer! Granny got to see me the very first time I played in it. Though I'm still wobbly, it's pretty entertaining and challenging to look at all my exciting farm-themed toys and let Mama and Daddy help me put them into my mouth. I'm not quite coordinated enough to "Exersauce" and smile...but that's probably not too far off :).

Thanks for a great visit, Granny! We hope you will come back soon. We will also visit you in Florida sometime, as well!

Coming soon to The Strawberry Patch...

"Our Strawberry at Four Months"

(can you believe it????!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I just love those cheeks!! What a cutie, I want to kiss them. Don't you just love how your little strawberry is developing and exploring things?? It's so neat to see things through their eyes and watch them explore everything.

    Just you wait soon she will love the exercauser and her favorite will be the loudest toy on there. Ava likes this toy that detaches, she loves to push it on the floor and make a big thump. Our downstairs neighbors love it to, lol.

    Four months is such a great month, people told me about it, I fell more in love with Ava at that time. You'll see. God is so good.

    Love to you all!

    :) niki

    ReplyDelete