Sunday, September 14, 2008

A recent photo shoot!



OK, so the term "recent" is not nearly specific enough when it comes to my camera use with our sweet-as-sugar Strawberry! I whip that sucker out many times each day! :) Each time I dress our dollbaby in one of her many GORGEOUS outfits, I have to get her picture...twelve times. Such fun it is to have a 14-week-old "supermodel" living within our midst! Harry and I joke that, should the Lord give us more children, they will all say, "Mama, why do you have soooooo many pictures of Susannah, and only 5 of each of us?" (Note to self: Either be disciplined about photography with all of our wee ones, or hide the stacks of albums that are sure to accumulate in Susannah's first year of life alone!)



Oh, we love our girl! Enjoy these pictures that we took while she was wearing one of my favorite little dresses and ruffly-hineyed (I know this is not a word...but how would YOU spell it?!) tights.













A few other shots from our daily life, which is beyond low-key. I LOVE IT this way, and so does Susannah Joy!


Tree-gazing with my Daddy one evening last week

Though you can't tell in the picture, it was just after sunset, so it was still quite bright outside. Susannah was mesmerized by the contrast created as the towering, leafy honey locust trees swayed against the clear blue sky. She stared for several minutes before losing interest! Our darling loves the outdoors.



"Pack sleeping" with my furry sister, Rylie

Mama joined the girls initially for an afternoon nap, but then got up briefly to capture this moment.


Dressed in Mama's baby outfit

My mom saved this sweet Carter's outfit from when I was an infant, and gave it to me for Susannah to wear. Soooooo precious! Susannah wears a white lace bonnet that was mine almost thirty years ago, as well. We are constantly stopped by mothers and grandmothers of baby girls everywhere we go when she wears it, as classic bonnets are hard to come by these days.


I am posting some pictures of her nursery, which we call "Susannah's Strawberry Patch," since it is just about done. I have added a few more things in the weeks since these pictures were taken. All it needs is a baby in that "big-girl crib"! She has almost outgrown the bassinet. Just about three inches to go, and she'll be filling it up. Harry is urging me to make the transition. Oh, be still my heart...


















4 comments:

  1. mushy...mushy....mushy!
    I love it. It was great to talk to you the other day...Life goes by so fast...
    That little strawberry is growing SO fast...cant believe big she is.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I want another one or two, for sure. Ava has already gotten so big and I miss that newborn cuddleing. They are just so precious.

    I love how you dress Susannah. I can see you both in her. Most people think Ava looks most like Joey with my skin tone but it's clear that she looks like the both of you - so cute!

    I'll be back to check on the little strawberry soon.

    xoxo,
    niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey, I can't get over how big she is getting,and I saw her a few weeks ago! My, she is a HEART BREAKER:)
    Trust me... You will NEVER take this may pictures again-NO MATTER HOW MANY CHILDREN YOU HAVE. ENJOY IT!!
    Give Susannah a kiss for me. Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jo Ann. Myself, being a second born, there are maybe 30 pictures in my baby album. My elder sister (first born) has stacks and stacks and stacks from her first year alone. No worries though...I'm well adjusted (I think) :-)

    What a joy! It really is a joy to have your first born. She is a precious baby too. So beautiful. I love her smile. I am glad you are having a good experience, getting needed rest and enjoying every moment of it. Ryle seems to be ok with her presence too. She is growing quickly. I have seen friend's kids grow so fast. I am glad that you are treasuring every moment.

    Talk to you soon,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete