I also had the privilege of finally being able to put her to sleep at night myself. I had tried many times but Susannah just prefers her momma to be her last memory of the day before she falls asleep. Who can blame her? But earlier this week, I was rocking Susannah and feeding her from a bottle. Lo and behold, she was starting to drift off. It is sooo amazing and peaceful to watch her fall asleep. Guys, if you haven't had a baby yet, this is one of those moments that makes being a dad so much fun! So hurry up and have one! Guys who already have a baby - you probably already know what I'm talking about. (that is, if there are even any guys who read this!) She actually did consent to let me be the one to lay her down to sleep, and it made me feel so good (I would have shouted hallelujah then and there, but I didn't want to wake her up!)
The latest ---- momma was just rocking Susannah to some music to soothe her a little bit. ("Campfire" by John McCutcheon, if any of you are curious.) Anyway, it had a good beat, so I just started bouncing up and down like a weirdo in front of Susannah's face and she just lit up! Smiled again and again and again --- she thought her dad was being very silly!
Ahh, it is so much fun being a dad....
Going for a walk with two of my fav girls (the 3rd is behind the camera)

A sleepy Susannah during our walk....
Playtime! She loves looking at herself in the mirror or at the ladybug or weird yellow egg looking thing.
harry... those THREE girls are so lucky to have you!!
ReplyDeletelove to hear your daddy's heart...it's the best, i would agree!!
i'll be sure jeff reads this entry... just to be sure A MAN reads it!! :-)
smiles and hugs from tennessee...
kara